Sunday, October 14, 2012

Water Cycle

We study the water cycle each year in 1st grade and they usually get it even with the big words.  A coworker had found these bracelets and made them the year before and I wanted to do them as well.  A quick google search returned with this link: http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/RainbowWaterCycleBracelet.htm

First I separated the beads by color.  Then I saw everyone in a HUGE oval (didn't want to move desks).  Next we talked about the water cycle and how it works.  Then I started passing the baggies of beads around  and they were to each take one but NOT put them on the pipe cleaner yet.  After everyone had all the beads, we talked about the water cycle and how the beads would go on the bracelet.  

First it rained (precipitation) on the grass and created a puddle.Next the sun came out and evaporated the puddle and turned it back into a cloud.  Then it rained again and the cycle started all over. 

The only change I made was I made the cloud beads dark gray since they look more like rain clouds than the white bead did.










No comments:

Post a Comment